Friday, May 16, 2014

Arctic Monkeys

"You had us all, standing on our heads, doing our best tricks." -Alex Turner

       Arctic Monkeys are an English indie rock band formed in the early 2000's in a suburb of Sheffield. The band consists of Alex turner (lead vocals, lead/rhythm guitar), Jamie Cook (rhythm/lead guitar), Nick O'Malley (bass guitar), and Matt Helders (drums).
       The band has released five studio albums: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (2006), Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007), Humbug (2009), Suck It And See (2011) and AM (2013), as well as one live album at the Apollo (2008).
       They are definitely my favourite band at the moment. My older brother introduced me to them about four years ago and ever since then, I've clicked to them. Their altered setups and varied choice of guitars and drum petals give them an original, solid, indie rock sound. They have heavy lyrics and accented vocals making their songs ever more appealing.
       If you ask me what my favourite song by them is then I probably wont give you a direct answer. There is not ONE song of theirs that I don't like. I can say that my favourite albums are Favourite Worst Nightmare which consists of "505", "Old Yellow Bricks" and I also like Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not which includes "Mardy Bum", "Fake Tales of San Francisco" and "Riot Van."

       I picked todays quote because when I went to their concert in January, that's exactly what I was doing. I was dancing like a maniac and screaming like a psychopath. I'm pretty sure the people next to me wanted to punch me. Seeing my favourite band in concert was unbelievable and life changing, I promise I'm not exaggerating. I was one of the most surreal nights of my life.

5 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've read your blog, This post was so good that I continued reading all the posts you've ever wrote. They are all very interesting with barely any grammatical errors.j really enjoyed reading it, you can count on me to be a frequent reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog never fails to disappoint. I've heard of this band but never really heard any of their music before, from what you say it sounds interesting. I like that last little paragraph there, i get the same way at concerts. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blog and the Arctic Monkeys is one of my top bands and i agree with everything you said. My favorite album was definitely suck it and see in 2011 and AM. I'm also extremely jealous that you went to their concert because I was dying to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading your blog. It is so relatable because the Arctic Monkeys are definitely one of my favorite bands too. I agree with everything you said in this post. "Old Yellow Bricks" is one of my favorite songs from them too. Keep up the great writing, I can't wait to read your blog next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog really makes me want to start listening to the Arctic Monkeys. It's almost as if I knew exactly what they sounded like without actually hearing them. Your music taste is awesome and I would love to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete